RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
0411 on other gm motor
Post 0411 on other gm motor 
I have a 99 firebird I picked up as a roller. I have a Pontiac 468 motor and a 4l80e out of a 2000 gmc 3500 van. I want to install this combo into my firebird but I want to convert the motor to efi. could I use the 0411 pcm to run the motor and control the 4l80e trans? I see that the chevy express van with the l31 has the dist. and the firing order is the same as the Pontiac but the Pontiac is counter clock wise don't know if that will be a problem or if it could be tuned with efi live or another tuner? I would use a efi intake manifold with ls1 style injectors and 90mm throttle body. is this something that could be done with the 0411? or do I have to run a aftermarket efi box?

Congrats. As long as the correct cylinder gets fuel and spark at the correct time, it'll work. The direction the distributor turns won't matter as long as the wiring is correct for the firing order. EFI Live will tune it, and will allow you to change the firing order it you want. You can even use the old carbed manifold if you want, if you drill it to accept the fuel injectors, build an adapter plate for the throttle body and make any other mods needed for the various sensors.

If you're still in the planning stages, another consideration would be to upgrade to the 8 coil setup and do away with the distributor altogether. I don't know if the Pontiac engine uses the distributor to do other work like the Chevy engine uses it to drive the oil pump. If so you'd need to modify the distributor to still do that job only without the cap and electronics. If the Pontiac distributor only distributes fire, then you'd just need to plug the hole.

The computerized system also uses a knock sensor, so your engine will need to be tapped to add one. No idea on how you'll tune that one though, since the knock profile is dependent upon how knock travels through the engine block. You also have the option of leaving the knock sensor out of it and turning it off in the computer, but you'll need to back the timing off about 2 degrees across the board since there won't be a knock sensor to prevent detonation at the edge.

If your computer was for a 4L60E trans, there's a little rewiring that has to be done in the large round connector for the trans and you'll need to add a front speed sensor.

very interesting coincidence, I'm just about to start a 400 Pontiac engine with 4l80e, to be controlled with 0411 ECM.
The engine goes into a Firebird Formula 1972

Br Ponrov

very interesting coincidence, I'm just about to start a 400 Pontiac engine with 4l80e, to be controlled with 0411 ECM.
The engine goes into a Firebird Formula 1972

Br Ponrov

sweet!! I almost bought a 1972 formula as a kid, back in 1975. it was an auto with a 400. sounded nice to a teenager!

I know someone who converted a 500 caddy to run on a 411. give it a proper cam and crank signal and you should be able to make it work.

have started My RAM AIR III Formula engine, controlled with 0411 , with porgram from Lextech.
[/url]

Shouldn’t be a big issue running it on 0411,there is a couple guys on gearhead that have mentioned doing it on chrysler motors to junk the jtech stuff.
I just did a 5.3 swap in an 80 camaro,those cars are as fun to play with as the earlier C10’s.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1