RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
8L90E into anything
Post 8L90E into anything 
19355174 - CPP LT4 w/8-Speed Auto Controller Kit - Contains Pre-Programmed ECU, Harness, Sensors√°(Digital Fuel Pressure)

Hope this is true. I have an email into Pace to find out if this will let me stick an LS with an 8 speed into anything. Gave them a 1970 Chevelle as an example, one of which I just happen to have and will be preparing to sell next year. I've got a few ideas on what I might stick one of these setups into, and my dad's been bugging me to come up with a way to put a more powerful engine with more gears in his truck.

Its pre programmed for the 2014+ LT-4 GEN 5 SBC engines. If you want to put a s/c LT4 engine into anything along with the 8 speed auto, it would work.

peace
Hog

https://paceperformance.com/i-23851087-cpslt4w8l90e-gm-lt4-640hp-wet-sump-engine-with-8l90e-8-speed-auto-transmission-combo-package-500-00-rebate.html

I know 5x people with 8L90 in their new Escalades. Every one of them had transmission issues. Some more than once. Could be an unlucky coincidence? Sure. But I still would not rush any 8L90 swap.

had the 6L90 in my Escalade - loved it, no experience with the 8....

Give me the 4L80E anyday. All the new 6 and 8 speed trans are problematic and junk IMHO. show me a 6l80e or any new 8 speed with 3-400k hard miles and then ill start believing in them till then you can keep it. I've seen many 4l80e with 250-300k+ still running strong.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1