RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
I'm back...
Post I'm back... 
My foray into the world of Dodge is over. It was fun while it lasted, but it just wasn't meant to be. Ditched it for a 2015 Tahoe today. Thought about a new Denali, but the thought of spending 75 grand for an SUV was nauseating even if it was the right colors and had a 6.2L/10 speed. My first house didn't cost that much, and I didn't even sell it for that much! So, since Photobucket no longer has pics, there won't be any. White, gray interior, 2WD, 5.3L, 6 speed.

I don't expect to do much to this one. I really didn't ever want to see another SUV in my driveway again, but we really needed one. We just weren't able to fit everything we needed in the Charger. In a few years I might look into a 6.2 with an 8 speed but this one will stay mostly stock.

Cool. I feel the same. Driving a Sonic hatch right now (cause one of my uncle couldn’t drive it anymore) and although it's has nice handling and is cheaper on gas, the thing is barely bigger than a shoe box. I miss my Tahoe and probably will get a newer one when this Korean goes into sonic boom.

I wonder when the race for more speed trannies will be complete. At least 10 speed already sounds pretty much pointless to me. That transmission is constantly shifting around. In that case I'd rather have a variable transmission. I drove one once and was quite impressed. Of course would be nice if strenght and logevity could be guaranteed with those.

welcome back Speeder, you're still on probation until your first oil change. j/k

peace
Hog

Heh heh... thanks folks. 8 speeds worked really well in the Charger, so I'm thinking that's about the right number of gears for a passenger vehicle. 18 wheelers are up to something like 15 gears or more though, they seem to be happy enough. Not a fan of the CVTs though, they feel like a badly slipping 4L60E to me.

I did not know you left. I haven't been on here since I got put the transmission in my truck. I still haven't had the time to mess with the tune for the transmission yet. Summer is always way to busy for me. With the job I have I work too many hours to get anything done once I get home.
Congrats on your new vehicle.

I did not know you left. I haven't been on here since I got put the transmission in my truck. I still haven't had the time to mess with the tune for the transmission yet. Summer is always way to busy for me. With the job I have I work too many hours to get anything done once I get home.
Congrats on your new vehicle.

Yeah, actually meant back in a Chevy. The Dodge was nice, but just not the right vehicle for us.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1