RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
0411 CONVERSION P0706 CODE
Post 0411 CONVERSION P0706 CODE 
I just finished my 0411 conversion and can't do a crank relearn on my HP Tuners because of a P0706 code. A little more complicated conversion than most. My truck is a 94 K3500(had a TBIā„¢ 454), engine is a 7.4L Vortec from a 2000 G3500 Van, 4L80E is from a 99 Suburban. I am using the Park/Neutral safety switch from the 94 so the 4 wires from the 4L80E range switch are wired straight to the PCM, added per the pin out sheet. My real problem seems to be that when in Park, my scanner shows the transmission is always in D2 with the key on, it then switches to D1 when the engine is started, these are regardless of actual shifter position and don't change even if I unplug the 4 way range selector connector at the trans. The I have triple checked ALL transmission pin outs, tested continuity of wires to range switch and tested the range switch itself, all test good. Since the PCM is seeing D2 or D1 even with the switch unplugged, I really don't think it, or the wiring to it is the problem? Any ideas? While I suppose I could kill the P0706 code, that won't solve the problem of the PCM seeing the wrong gear?

I think you are going to need to use the 2 plug prndl switch found on 97-2000 trucks and vans and pin that correctly.

That is what I have, trans is out of a 99 Suburban both connectors wired as specified in the pin out sheet.

I thought it said below you were using one from a 94 on it?

Post Re: 0411 CONVERSION P0706 CODE 
DB Cooper wrote:
. I am using the Park/Neutral safety switch from the 94 so the 4 wires from the 4L80E range switch are wired straight to the PCM, ?

You need to use the pn safety switch from the 99 suburban

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input, help me out here a little. I don't think I explained my set up correctly. I am using the column mounted neutral safety switch on the 94 to physically interrupt the starter circuit. The Range switch on the transmission, the bottom one with four wires, is wired to the PCM per the pin out by adding the 4 wires. I just am not using it as a neutral safety switch for the starter circuit. Is there a separate switch on a 96+ that needs to be hooked up?

Sorta got it figured out, the main issue is that the mechanical linkage for the 94 only fits the trans one way since the newer switch is in the way, even though the it hooks up perfectly, it operates the trans backwards. The newer trucks use a cable coming from the rear. I had the the truck up on jacks and the t-case was in neutral so I could never feel what gear it was in. It seems the scanner only sees the correct gear position with the engine actually running and defaults to D2 when it is in key on/engine off mode. Somehow this seems odd, but I'll deal with that after I get the linkage corrected.

Thanks guys for getting my brain triggered in a different direction.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1