RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
TunerCAT
Post TunerCAT 
Do any of you still use TunerCAT? I haven't heard much about it lately - mostly EFI Live. I know JET got the license to sell it from John, but I haven't seen much at all lately. Last time I went to Monodax, the site wasn't operational.

Thoughts?

Yup, John still updates VDFs and the main program.

peace
Hog

So, whatever happened to Monodax and all the files stored there?

You can just sell me the tunercats setup up you have and get efilive and have no worries and be all good! 😁🍻

So, whatever happened to Monodax and all the files stored there?

I was a moderator there and I don't know the story. There is a lot of good info there that's for sure.

peace
Hog

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php

They have direct Tunercats 2 repositories.

peace
Hog

Fred
You can just sell me the tunercats setup up you have and get efilive and have no worries and be all good! 😁🍻

Thanks for the offer! I'm hanging on to it as I have a bunch of files and still do some work with it.

Many of the Monodax guys went over here.

peace
Hog

Yeah, back in the day Monodax was a great forum. You, Mick, and the other guys were always helping. It just seems sad Monodax is gone..

Hog wrote:
Many of the Monodax guys went over here.

peace
Hog

Yeah, back in the day Monodax was a great forum. You, Mick, and the other guys were always helping. It just seems sad Monodax is gone..

I totally agree. We had Ed Wright of Fastchips and Lyndon Wester of Westers Garage as regular posters, 2 of the original gangsters of the tuning world.

I got an email 2 or 3 years ago stating that the owner was going to open the site back up, but it just never happened. Heck Ive received enough offers of funding that money really shouldn't have been the issue.

I really miss that site. It was on my "daily" interwebs visitation "fix". I stop in here at PPE, then hop over to Monodax. Those were the days back in Jan 2005 when Tunercats 2 came to market which opened up the Marine Intake swap was declassified from a "Black Project" in early 2005 as well. TC2 was instrumental in getting the shelved 0411 PCM ideas dusted off and put to work. When Lextech (Jeff) got his retrofit files put together, that really opened that swap for the common "shade tree" mechanic. I remember getting in on the FSC/PPE forums "group buy". IIRC it cost around $325 including a single Vehicle Definition (VDF) file. Best money I ever spent. I only wish that the Monodax MXScan worked out for the Monodax owner, who's name is also James B, but not the same James B who moderates this site.
In my old Yahoo email account I still have the original message from Airdeano. It is dated April 1st, 2006. That original email is saved under the title "Pauly's Pinouts"

Here is a cut and paste:

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Heres the pinout schematics for you…

airdeano
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Then I found two attachments:
1) 1997 VCM pinout.pdf
2)2002 PCM pinouts.pdf

I have some older emails from Airdeano over on the Full Size Chevy. I remembered Airdeano from this site, or at least the Pacific Performance and alarm. Back when it was a message board where you could asks a question, and when you didn't have anymore text in the body of the message, we would always type "NM" for "No Message."
Some of those messages dated back into 2005.

Back when James B. and his Positive Displacement (Whipple) screwcharger in his Emerald Green Hoe was being built and when Ken S/C-K1500 was building his centrifugal Vortec 350 setup in his Burgundy(IIRC) K1500 ext cab 4wd. There was a video of them performing a "supervised acceleration" trial. Once up to speed the centrifugal ended up the victor. That was one of James B's very early iterations of that Hoe.

Y2KLimited and his 2000 Tahoe Limited into which he dumped a Ramjet 502, 80e, 14 bolt rear. He eventually dropped a 200hp of nitrous on the engine. There was evidence that he was "flexing" the case of the 14 bolt 9.5" SF. IIRC This was the reason why James B installed that "Frankenstein" 10.5 14 bolt rear axle assembly, stuffed with 4.56 gears, on 29" times yet it cruised effortlessly as his built 4l80e had a GearVendors Overdrive Unit bolted onto it, essentially allowing 8 speed. There were pics of both James 1999 Green Tahoe and Y2KLimited 2000 Limited both seeing some light under the front hoops.

I found an email that mention the very 1st documented Marine intake swap on a N/A 383, it was RCFast(I had to look up his pseudonym in the Marine intake thread), it was using a 230º/245º hyd. roller cam. As such, he was the guy that first was having issues with the BlackBox 4 connector 257kb PCM having its 6000rm HARD revlimit. I worked with many PCM tuners around North America, and while many said that their fixes would work, they would all drop the injector pulsewidths from 5800-6000rpm, even with the rev limits being set anywhere from 6500-7600rpm. I'd send my calibrations around North America, the tuner would work their magic, under promise that I wouldn't circulate it to others, I'd dump it into my truck and try it out. That over 400,000 milometer L31 doesn't owe me anything, it did thins that GM never meant it to do. Stock L31 rev limits were set to defuel at 5600rpm, then refuel at 5400rpm.
If you come across a 1996-2000 GMT-400 style truck/SUV that has always run off of a BlackBox PCM, no matter what tuning was flashed in it, that engine would have never held a sustained rpm over 6000rpm. Maybe a quicj peak if you jammed a trans into a low gear causing a mechanical over rev. Under control, it just would happen. I remember Lextech reporting 6200rpm or so after his first 0411 retrofit. I was very happy to hear about that. Theoretically the 0411 should control things to 8400-8500rpm IIRC, by that time, any normal L30-305/L31-350 would be venting its crank case to the atmosphere attempting to oil its main bearings with air, as the engine oil would be lubricating the inner fenderwells, your headers and the ground beneath your rig.

I also remember Mick from Ozzyland. He was a genius and did a ton of work in Hex. He really enjoyed when Tunercats came out with the VDF Editor. Mick was the type that could take use of it for sure.

I also miss the other "Brotha-from-Down-Unda" Howard. Howard did it all, 383IIRC, marine intake, Whipple, custom intercooler, 4l80e swap. With every part being polished to a high lustre of course.
I also hope that "Matt" better known as PECOS, is doing OK in life. He was the guy who made the first batch of 8 Marine Intakes available and the one who put together those awesome marine intake swap kits. GM colour coded wires, wiring connectors, heater fittings, cleaned injectors(It was from his injector cleaning reports that I/we found out that those EV^ USCAR connectored injectors actually flowed:
25 lb/hr (3.15 grams/second) at 43.5 psi(3BAR) which calculates out to
28.9lb/hr(3.64 grams/second) at 58psi(4 BAR) of fuel pressure.

The stock Marine Intake Fuel Pressure Regulator was a German made 4 BAR(58psi) unit. AT idle on a my stock longblock, I was seeing around 51psi with the vacuum referenced attached at idle, and 58psi at WOT and with engine off, fuel pump running or when the vacuum reference hose disconnected.

Tom pseudonym NODIH was the other Moderator at Monodax, he was a very smart individual. He got into business with Caleditor(the guy who was tuning some Cadillac Northstar engines), and as far as I know is still into PCM recalibration.

So many good memories, it would be so cool to have access to that site. Here is its placeholder.
http://urlm.co/www.monodax.com

peace
Hog

Yep, Tom, AJ, and myself went into business together years ago. AJ and Tom are still doing some tuning, and Tom is doing PCM work / repair. We bought the V6 Files and Tom and AJ worked to get that info to John. Have'nt talked with Lydon in a few years, but I talk with Tom and AJ pretty regular.

Yep, Tom, AJ, and myself went into business together years ago. AJ and Tom are still doing some tuning, and Tom is doing PCM work / repair. We bought the V6 Files and Tom and AJ worked to get that info to John. Have'nt talked with Lydon in a few years, but I talk with Tom and AJ pretty regular.

AJ's quite a character, he's been booted from more forums than I know of. Smart guy, just ask him, he'll tell you. Tom on the other hand is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with.

I did some testing with Lyndon. That L31 in that truck spent a lot of time up around 6000rpm. I think I was getting some ring flutter as it would spew burned oil. But that longblock owes me nothing, literally 100's of 1/4 mile passes with thousands of 0-60 street passes, Puerto Rican wheelies, rev limiter testing plus having the fueling all screwed up when I did my marine intake swap. I had either the O2 harness of the injector harnesses off side by side. One side would go full rich, the other would go full lean. And as she idled, I would have nice flames rolling out of the 4" boom tubes that exited all on the passenger side before the rear tire. The trims would max out, the cats would like the mixture, the lit mixture was distributed to both exhaust pipes in the single dual in-dual out muffler. As the trims split, the flames would start, and if I wanted to extinguish them, I just had to tap the accelerator and the trims would reset until they began to split again. That wasn't too good for the cats, im sure. I wish I had video of the wheelies and the exhaust flamage.

peace
Hog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oktQAndwOig

Something new from Tunercats OBD2 and its WinFlash ECM flashing utility.

"2017+ Security Key

Beginning in 2017 GM has switched to a much more robust security seed/key system and the WinFlash OBDII program can no longer calculate the security key in real time. With this new system you will have to obtain a security key the first time you work on an ECM. Once you get the security key of the ECM you will be able to read and program this ECM as many times as needed. There is a $25.00 administrative fee for these security keys. We will e-mail the security key back to you as soon as possible. We will typically respond the same business day or the next business day depending on what time of day we receive your order.

When purchasing a security key please be sure to include the security seed for the ECM which is shown in the WinFlash OBDII program in the order notes or send a separate e-mail to us at tc@tunercat.com with this security seed or the vehicle information file generated by the WinFlash OBDII program. For more detailed information regarding the new security keys and how to work with them in the WinFlash OBDII program click here"

http://tunercat.com/

peace
Hog

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1