RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
LSA 6.2L supercharger on a 04 5.3L silverado 2wd truck appli
Looking good. I just cannot believe the difference in the cost of things there to here. For what you said at the beginning the cost may run you 3 grand. That was my transmission. I had to have some internal parts replaced. My transfer case was around $450. By the time you have everything added up mine was just under 6 grand. The temp gauge was over $100 dollars. The shift cable was $178. Of course I replaces all my cooler lines too. That all adds up. I kept all my reciepts and put it all in a book. Next time I will not need any wire. Unless it is a different color. Even terminals and connectors. It was fun. Worth every penny.

Well... I have way more in it now than anticipated. My own fault for going all out on the trans, and other accessories I have not listed yet , but decided not to Keep receipts to remind me of my decisions lol

I put a new cloyes hex-a-just timing chain and gears on and I took the extremely loose (new) C5R racing chain back to Summit.

I replaced the springs with blue LS6 springs and comp cams hardened pushrods and replaced the valve stem seals

And then bought a Truetrac and rebuild bearing/shim kit for the rear end

My kind of art. Too bad it's all covered.

http://www.clearvueconcepts.com/products.htm

You need to find clear oil though...

On your 6 wire throttle body you wont need to use an X link adapter box?

I liked the spring as well Ben, this one will not bee flashy. Just stock looking. Those clear valve covers are pretty neat! That could be a great diagnostic tool I'd bet.
As far as the heads, I read "some" on these but didn't see the extra power gained to money value with buying the heads, bolts/gaskets etc. maybe I didn't read what you were referring to as the improvement in sealing those. I'm hoping to just cram as much air in this little fella as I can and just see what happens. I'm leaving room for a rear mounted turbo if needed to feed the supercharger if I get bored with what is there once I'm done.

On the throttle body. I'm not sure 100% what all I will need. I was going to try rewiring the new pigtail in and see what happens. It seemed (from memory) it will just leave out a 5v feed and ground. I will look more into it as I get closer that assembly part. I do have the engine re sealed, out over into the truck with 2 bolts holding the trans to motor and driveshaft installed. Will be re pinning the 80e plug and running the speed sensor wires today and bolt it all up hopefully

I looked into doing it on my 8.1 and the only info I could find was the throttle body wouldnt open all the way. by the time I bought an X link and a throttle body I didnt see the cost vs bennefit there.

I tried wiring up the new throttle body but on key in, it opens then closes and sets a power reduction mode and code for tps 1/2 not reading the correct readings. I tried snapping the motor control wires and tps signal 1&2 and it doesn't work. I ordered an x-link yesterday. I'll rewire up the old 8 pin connector and hopefully try the setup with the smaller stock T-body until it arrives. I made a little more progress

Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4