RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Hydro-Boost
Post Hydro-Boost 
It won't be much longer and I will get started on putting the kit on my hydo-boost I bought to put on my truck. I also bought a different pump with the fittings for the hydro-boost on it. I got all the lines and cooler from LMC Truck. I will be using my reservior on the hydro-boost. I bought the mounting bracket for an astro-van so I won't have to change brake pedals. I will be starting on this project soon.

I will take pictures. I have to get my first Lawn tractor going first. Steering wheel is stuck, have to cut it off. Have to change regulator/rectifier.

Do you have a part number or a pic of the astro-mounting bracket?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astro-Van-Hydroboost-Mounting-Plate-Bracket-/300658356248?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4600a27018&afsrc=1

Here it is.

Post Adding pictures. 
Wow, I guess I never did finish putting everything on this posting for my hydro-boost. I have two lines I need to replace. Have the lines, just have to get started on it tomorrow. To many projects to do right now.

The first thing I did was to remove the master cylinder.

I removed the grill because I was putting in a cooler for the hydro boost and steering.

I removed the steering pump and all the steering lines.

I removed the battery tray that I had over the container for the wiper fluid. Then removed the fluid container to be able to run the cooler lines to the steering box.

After putting in the seal kit I painted the hydro boost then removed the plate.

I had to put the studs in the different plate.

I removed the clip on the inside of the brake pedal. The first time I removed it I called it a Jesus clip. It flew off and only Jesus knew where it went. I ended up getting a new one from the dealer. Then I removed the vacuum booster.

Changed the pump. IIRC the pump was a 2003.

Installed the hydro boost.

I had to adjust the length of the rod so it matched with the pedal and the brake light sensor.

I bench bleed the master cylinder first before putting it on the hydro boost.

Hooked up all the lines after the master cylinder was in place.

I know I showed this picture about three times on here, but because I used a line for a 95 truck because the 95 had a different pump. One with out the sensing unit. I ended up drilling a hole in a bracket so I could use a clamp to hold down the steering line.

When I did my hydro boost I also had to change a water pump, the fuel injectors, that is when I put on the updated ones. valve cover gaskets, and put on a 140 amp alternator. I had more then one issue at this time.

Last edited by Chevy 97 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
I changed the Steering lines this morning. I replaced one before taking any pictures.

one of the two lines I replaced.

Lines in place and zip tied.

This is a better picture of the bolt That I had to remove to get the one line out. I have a clamp in place to hold the line steady so it would not rub on anything.

While at it I removed the optima battery and installed an identical acid filled battery. Hooked up the wiring and now I have two batteries.

Post Re: Hydro-Boost 
Chevy 97 wrote:
It won't be much longer and I will get started on putting the kit on my hydo-boost I bought to put on my truck. I also bought a different pump with the fittings for the hydro-boost on it. I got all the lines and cooler from LMC Truck. I will be using my reservior on the hydro-boost. I bought the mounting bracket for an astro-van so I won't have to change brake pedals. I will be starting on this project soon.

Do you have a parts list on all you used ? I'm thinkin i wanna do this

I don't think I made a parts list. Give me a day or two I can probably put one together.

I used my stock pedal. Here is a picture of the difference between the two pedals, The one on the left is one for a hydro boost the one on the right is a stock vacuum brake pedal.

I used the oil cooler that is in line.

I got most the oil lines from LMC Truck, That includes the oil cooler.

Because I used a different pump that is not from a 97 I had to use the pressure line from the pump to the hydro boost from a 95. The hydro boost I bought was out of a 95. I used a pump with two return lines. Some people just put a tee in and used the pump that came on the truck.
Hydro boost. The picture shows the plate that mounts to the cab. It is higher then the stock pedal, that is why I showed you the difference between the two pedals.

Since I used the stock brake pedal, I used the plate out of an Astro Van.

I bought a seal kit for the hydro boost off Ebay.

I did not take a very good picture of this procedure I had to do. When I resealed the hydro boost, I cut the rod. I cannot remember if I had to shorten it or lengthen the rod. This is if you use the stock pedal.

You will need to use a master cylinder to match the hydro boost, the picture shows you why.

The correct one fits.

Word of caution, do not take apart the accumulator. It is filled with nitrogen. Once apart you have to get a different one. I lucked out and someone in Edmonton made a machine to fill these. It cost me $120 plus core.

The hydro pump mounts higher cause they gave more mechanical leverage for the pedal due to the link being attatch closer to the pivot point.

Last edited by CrazyHoe on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thank you for all the pics and help... I will for sure look into doing this

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1