RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 8 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
93 toyota 4wd /03 4.8L and 4L60e / NP241C transplant project

On the transmission issue (saw your other post about the tune), have you thought about perhaps disconnecting the EPC solenoid (the solenoid only, not the entire harness) and forcing full line pressure all the time and seeing if it still drops off? This might rule out the possibility of the EPC solenoid itself having some intermittent issue (that, or you could swap in another known good solenoid along with checking the wiring for any breaks). Cannot say I've ever seen that happen, but it's possible. Just as likely it is anomaly in the tune causing it, as you suspect, but at least this might be one way to rule out a hardware issue for sure. Just a thought.

On the trans, I kind of did the same thing but in a different way. I watched the amperage to the epc solenoid and the pressure that amperage related to... For some reason the tune commands too low of a pressure.... Sometimes as low as 0-15psi at times And it slips... A bunch... Then with line pressure raised via the default 1870 code the max line pressure hits 90 on the scan tool and I have zero rpm tcc slip. I am thinking it's mainly in the tune... Bc you can watch the commanded pressure drop way down (epc amperage goes up )and then slippage from hell. I am just not seeing why this is looking at the tables

OK, I see. Sounds like you've covered all the bases then for sure.

Strange issue! Hrm

Well the Toyota trans is now working properly, I put a new GM wiring harness, valve body and another new sonnax tcc apply valve and all is working as it should now... Finally. I drove it for 200 miles round trip and it did well.
Crazy thing is I'm ready for a Duramax truck and may sell this one shortly since i lost interest in it.
I did however find out it's extremely quick a few times even with the 33x12.50 tires.

I might be interested in it pm me a price.

I was wondering how your truck was coming along. You do a very good job on everything that you do. I heard those bearings are not fun to change. A friend of my brother in law owns a shop, he has had to change a few. Not fun at all.

Well I ended up selling the Toyota to a really nice younger guy that likes doing some LS swaps of his own into different cars/trucks. It made me feel better to sell it to someone who can appreciate the large amount of work that went into a project like this one.
Now I have a basic 2wd 05 GMT800 ext cab truck that my wife doesn't mind driving. If I pay it off one day and feel Froggy I may decide to compound boost the little 5.3L in it and have some fun again one day.... my work shop will be done by then will need me to break it in right.

Reply to topic Page 8 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8