RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Shop

Started to put up my railing along the top.

I did some trimming this afternoon so the sheeting would fit through the studs. I also put up the 2x6 for the railing along the stairs. The 2x4 shown in the picture is warped, cannot use it. I have more supplies to get.

It was so nice today, I working on the shop. I put up the railing along the stairs then 16 feet of railing across the top.

I finished the railing along the stairs and on top. I also put up some braces to make the railing sturdy.

I started wiring up my lights on the north side of the shop. I have the wire run, two of the light fixtures wired up and the bulbs in place, two left to do. Plus securing the wire to the ceiling too.

I did get the florescent likes working on the north end of the heated shop.

Picked up a cabinet to store stuff on.

Picked up a used recliner for drinking beer and having a nap on when I am supposed to be working.

A warning sign to let people know they enter at their own risk.

Finished the sheeting on top of the heated side. Going to use some foam insulation later to seal up the gaps.

Nice work. I see E-fans in your future...

Yes that will be one of my projects to do with the truck. Not sure yet when I am going to get at it though. Summer time I usually don't get much done with my projects. I still have some of the frame that I can get at on the truck to clean up and paint too. Plus get the running boards back on. I almost need a step to get into the truck.

Do you know the history behind the recliner? If not I'd bag it up and hit it heavy with bug killer, making sure to get something that's effective against bed bugs. You don't want to be tracking those things into the house, and they'll hitch a ride in on your pants.

I have already sat in the chair for quite some time. If there would be bugs in it I would have already gotten them. It was in a store that sells used clothing to furniture to toys, game and etc. It is like one of the Salvation Army stores were you drop things off you don't need and they sell them. Not really sure where this money goes to help. I need the stuff they use in grain bins when killing bugs, it is called Phostoxin. When I worked at an elevator we used that a lot. We used a plastic pipe with a flap on one end. Fill it with the pellets then pull it out and the pellets stay in the grain then dissolve. Do not crawl back into the bin, once the chemical is released it is poisonous. You also used rubber cloves so you wouldn't absorb the stuff through your skin. I was unloading trucks that had used this. They didn't wait the amount of days for safe handling of the grain. I got really sick, always wondered if this shit didn't set off my crohns flare. It wasn't long after this and I got really sick. Lost 45 lbs, eventually perforating my intestine. I was going to sue the elevator over this but I didn't have the money to pay up front. I could tell right away what was in the grain by the smell. I didn't have a mask to wear when I unloaded the trucks. Not a proper one. That stuff really killed the bugs.

Last Friday I sprayed so foam insulation around the edge on the top storage area of the heated shop.

I finished my gate for the top storage area. My safety walls weren't very straight. Oh well. Guess I will fire the carpenter next time.

I put some more 2x4's in the corners where the gate was hung.

This is just the other side. I just have more foam insulation to spray then clean up my mess. Then this part of the shop is done. I am still going to try and get some sheeting up on the inside before I have my surgery on May 5th.

Tell your carpenter to quit drinking on the job

Always drinking on the job. Everything looks good then.

I put some sheeting up on the inside of the shop today.

White is the color I want to paint it. I want to coat the floor to protect against the road salt.

I put on two more pieces of sheeting today. I did a way better job at cutting out the outlet and light switch holes.
I moved the thermostat, and cut off the excess wire.

All the sheeting is up on the vehicle side of the shop.

This is all that is left for the sheeting. I will need to go along the edges with something to close off some of the gaps I have.
Fixing boards on the deck is next.

Hope you haven't been affected by the wild fires...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-s__SwOXWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTQvIdG-Vo

No we were not close to the area the fires were at. We did get some of the smoke for a few days. I added some storage shelves up on top. With my wife getting a new job and now working from home, she got a new desk for the office, I now have the old one in the shop.

Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4