RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
new format of web site
Post new format of web site 
I for one do not like this new website layout.
my .02

Post change isn't always a bad thing 
Yes, it's different, but it's not bad. You can see more topics at one glance than you could before - whereas the old format you had to scroll down quite a ways to see them all. Also, the most recent subject that's replied to gets tossed back on top - so you don't have to go find it. I think that's nice.

I think they just wanted the site to be more like ALOT OF THE OTHER forums out there. It's not BAD that it's THE SAME, but it's not "interestingly different".

CJ

Post Give it time... 
It'll probably grow on you. I didn't like it too much at first either, too much like FSC in initial appearance. Then, I noticed that when someone makes a new post it'll change the color of the area the post is in, and will mark which posts you have read and which ones you haven't, which turned out to be pretty nice. Plus the knowledge that one's username can't be trolled is nice. And, they are not planning to overcompartmentalize the board, what you see is pretty much what you get now. If it turns into another FSC I'll be on my way, but if it stays as-is I'll be sticking round.

Being able to see which posts have been viewed from multiple computers is a really nice feature. It was hard to keep track of what I had looked at on multiple computers with the old system. Another nice thing is that active posts don't get buried at the bottom of the list the way it's laid out now. Seems to be working out well to me.

Post I For One Dig It. 
The classifieds and OT separations are good to.

Post Speaking of separation, 
Shouldn't this post be in the side garage?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1