today apple says no

Post by Pro »

and gives PC a beating

Marty
Location: So. Cal. .... '04 Tahoe / '03 MBZ S55 / '07 Charger

Post by Marty »

JR96CK

Post by JR96CK »

My apologies to anyone who may be a Mac fan, but after having accrued a wealth of experience supporting both Windows and Mac products in various environments over the last 12 years or so, I have come to absolutely despise Apple computer, its business practices/ideologies, and any & all of its products... not that Microsoft is anywhere near perfect, of course. Sorry, just had to weigh in my opinion.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/46753/the-sim ... pple-store

http://www.hulu.com/watch/46751/the-simpsons-steve-mobs

http://www.hulu.com/watch/46754/the-simpsons-my-bill

http://www.hulu.com/watch/46718/the-sim ... ifferently

Pro

Post by Pro »

need more details

saturnstyl

Post by saturnstyl »

I got an ipod for payment when I did an DVD install on an Acadia. At first I was like "WTF am I going to do with this thing?" It sat around a lot and I never used it.

After a few months I got an Ipod dock for my blazer, then an FM modulator for my benz, and finally one for my home stereo. I also made an Auxillary port for my work stereo and play it there also. I carry my ipod everywhere. My entire music collection is right there. I can go online and drop $40-50 on new songs suggested by the "genius" and I do that pretty often now.

The tekkeon ipod dock for my home stereo is the best. You can surf the menus of the ipod via remote control, and it displays album art on the TV as well. Charges while its docked, and sounds great. I've never used the CD changer since I got the ipod dock, so I finally just eliminated the CD changer from the system. No need for it anymore.

Speeder
Location: 2015 Tahoe 2WD 5.3L 6L80E, 2008 Colorado work beater, 2003 Dodge Dakota pro-touring project

Post by Speeder »

I hope you make regular backups of the music on it. Would suck to one day have your entire music collection slip out of your hand and land in something wet.

ThunderTT

Post by ThunderTT »

i look at pc like gm.......lots of parts floating around.

best purchase i ever made was my terabyte drive, holds everything i have for backup - i do a fresh reload "rebuild" every couple months, just to keep my pc in tip top shape.

never could justify the price for an apple, when i can get what i need for less than half the price.

Pro

Post by Pro »

playtoy_18

Post by playtoy_18 »

Brandy and I both broke down and got Iphones a couple months ago.
Can't live without them now.

Can't stand Apple though,damn thing doesn't wanna work right with any of our PC's.

We've got several computers,home desktop,shop desktop,laptop and toolbox desktop/touchscreen.
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get songs from the Iphone into the PC's though.

I thought I could just upload all my music onto the iphone and then transfer to the PC's that don't have.
Nope.

For all I can't figure out,it's still an awesome little machine.
I've got Apps for Hazmat info,paramedic cross reference,electrical formula's and calculators etc..

It's pretty cool,just wish it was PC based.

Pro

Post by Pro »

um doesn''''''t apple are an different 4mat then PC stuff

Ratchet831

Post by Ratchet831 »

Pro wrote:um doesn''''''t apple are an different 4mat then PC stuff
Thank you captian obvious.

CrazyHoe
Location: Mtl; '98 2dr4x4 Tahoe, L31,Hookers Long T, 0411,EFIlive, 4L80-E,dual 3",marine int+inj

Post by CrazyHoe »

playtoy_18 wrote:Brandy and I both broke down and got Iphones a couple months ago.
Can't live without them now.

Can't stand Apple though,damn thing doesn't wanna work right with any of our PC's.

We've got several computers,home desktop,shop desktop,laptop and toolbox desktop/touchscreen.
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get songs from the Iphone into the PC's though.

I thought I could just upload all my music onto the iphone and then transfer to the PC's that don't have.
Nope.

For all I can't figure out,it's still an awesome little machine.
I've got Apps for Hazmat info,paramedic cross reference,electrical formula's and calculators etc..

It's pretty cool,just wish it was PC based.
http://bindapple.com/3g-iphone-transfer-to-pc/
So you got the 3G iPhone...transfer to PC being one of the first things you will need to do with it. Why? Well, think about uploading your favorite audio and video tracks to it, as well as a bunch of nice iPhone wallpapers. In the end, that's what makes your iPhone...yours - YOUR pictures, YOUR music, YOUR videos. Just one advice, before moving on - be sure that, if you have videos unsuitable for young audience, better keep them on your computer, and not on your iPhone! I hope I don't have to explain why...

Anyway, let's leave data security issues behind, and move to the really important part of this article - how to sync the iPhone with your computer. With Macs, this proves to be pretty easy, and - as long as you have iTunes installed - 3G iPhone transfer to PC(and the other way around, of course) is easily done, but what if you don't want iTunes?

That's exactly the same problem I had with my MP3 player, since I hate programs that claim to sync my music with the player,
and the result is spending a lot of time for something as easy as copy-paste. Fortunately, it works the same way with the iPhone 3G, too!

Here's what to do - connect your iPhone to the PC, go to Start>My Computer, and you should find it listed under Scanners and Cameras, Apple iPhone. From there, you should be able to browse it and copy files just like you would do with a USB drive.

While the above may not work properly every time, depending on the files you want to move from one place or another, here's my advice - like it or not, install iTunes and save yourself from a lot of trouble.

http://download.cnet.com/Pod-to-PC/3000 ... =mncol;pop

Easily transfer music, video or playlist from iPod and iPhone onto your computer and into iTunes. Recover your music in iTunes after your computer crashes by transferring the music on your iPod or iPhone back to your computer. Preview music and movies on any iPod before transferring it into your iTunes library. Use the Automatic Transfer button to instantly select, and then transfer all songs on an iPod that are not already in your iTunes Music Library. Easily copy a whole or partial playlist from any iPod into iTunes. Prevent duplicate transfers: Tracks already in iTunes are indicated with a blue check. All track info gets transferred including the track Play Count, Rating (out of 5 stars), Album. Quickly find the tracks your looking for with the Pod to PC search bar and filter options. Version 2.6 adds iTunes 8.2 compatibility and Jailbreaked iPhone/iTouch compatibility.

Note: iPhone & iTouch 3.0 is not supported in this version. You will need to download Pod to PC 3.0 or newer which is shareware (not free).

CrazyHoe
Location: Mtl; '98 2dr4x4 Tahoe, L31,Hookers Long T, 0411,EFIlive, 4L80-E,dual 3",marine int+inj

Post by CrazyHoe »

JR96CK

Post by JR96CK »

Too bad James Bond beat them to it way back in 97:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyN_Std ... re=related

:P

endo

Post by endo »

I'm a Linux user. I *strongly recommend* Mac, especially to all those friends/family who think I'm their personal IT department.

I'm so tired of "Why is my computer so slow?" Because you bought it at Best Buy, after I told you not to, and it's loaded with 3000 bullshit crapware programs that subsidize its cost. Oh, and because you use IE, even though I told you not to, and you clicked OK when some bullshit web-based "virus warning" came up and then proceeded to install an EXE, even though I told you not to do things like that.

I and everyone I know who's ever bought a Mac (I use one as a laptop) considers the cost justifiable.

endo

Post by endo »

For ipod->PC music copying, I find Yamipod works well: http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

Pro

Post by Pro »

Ratchet831 wrote:
i like you

playtoy_18

Post by playtoy_18 »

Pro wrote:
Ratchet831 wrote:
i like you
While I don't agree with your lifestyle,I support you pro.
But don't flaunt it,get a room.

Pro

Post by Pro »

831 is female
but youre cool too

Aloicious
Location: 96, C1500, LS31, T56, 24x CNP/LS2 coils, Whipple, 411, EFILive, MPFI, ZZ4, Trutrac, 4.88...etc

Post by Aloicious »

playtoy_18 wrote:
Pro wrote:
Ratchet831 wrote:
i like you
While I don't agree with your lifestyle,I support you pro.
But don't flaunt it,get a room.
:lol: thats hilarious.