New Year's resolution

Anything off-topic

Moderators: flyingpolarbear, Dev, Eric, James B.

CrazyHoe
Location: Mtl; '98 2dr4x4 Tahoe, L31,Hookers Long T, 0411,EFIlive, 4L80-E,dual 3",marine int+inj

New Year's resolution

Post by CrazyHoe »

Who's got one?

Speeder
Location: 2021 Dodge Durango R/T 2WD, 2008 Colorado work beater, 2003 Dodge Dakota pro-touring project

Post by Speeder »

I resolve to get a new job this year. DONE.
I resolve to sell my house this year. Almost done, close Jan 31.
I resolve to pay off all my debts this year. All I have left is one land payment.
I resolve to lose 20 pounds, and convert 30 pounds to muscle. This is my annual "guaranteed fail" resolution.

Marty
Location: So. Cal. .... '04 Tahoe / '03 MBZ S55 / '07 Charger

Post by Marty »

I resolve to improve my physical condition to the point that I am able to survive my wife's stress attacks.

CrazyHoe
Location: Mtl; '98 2dr4x4 Tahoe, L31,Hookers Long T, 0411,EFIlive, 4L80-E,dual 3",marine int+inj

Post by CrazyHoe »

Marty wrote:I resolve to improve my physical condition to the point that I am able to survive my wife's stress attacks.
Learn muay-thai. :lol: :wink:

battmain

Post by battmain »

Marty wrote:I resolve to improve my physical condition to the point that I am able to survive my wife's stress attacks.
LOL!

Mine is fairly simple:

Buy appreciating asset. Done. Closed Dec27th.
Buy another appreciating asset. Still got 354 days to go. :lol:
Do better with the stocks. My current stocks are up 25% for 2013, 401k not quite as good, but I'll move some distribution around to help that.
See if I can survive the T25 workout without getting a heart attack. I start next week when I'll have a day off from work to recover from the hurt. I guess I'll report back in a year. :P
Last edited by battmain on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyHoe

Post by CrazyHoe »

Speeder wrote: I resolve to lose 20 pounds, and convert 30 pounds to muscle. This is my annual "guaranteed fail" resolution.
20 pounds to lose is easy, keeping it off will be your challenge.

30 pounds of muscle in a year is optimistic, try 10% of that per year. EVERY YEAR loll but doable.
But the good news is, every pound of muscles added will help keep the fat off. win-win

I use "my Fitness Pal" app to build balanced nutritious menus and reach my daily calorie count.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
There's a whole community there to help you.

I need 2400Cal to maintain my weight, I shot for 1800.

I lost 2lbs / week for 5 weeks without hunger pains, just slight discomfort.

The trick is:

6 small meals a day that will total your calorie count for the day.

Eating every 2.5 hours avoids the hunger pains and the need for snack food.
To maximize muscle building, you need PROTEIN with every meal.

Don't laugh this guy knows his stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD-CS44rjsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQxIcbIT3A

Drink the right amount of water:
http://www.slenderkitchen.com/how-to-ca ... ink-a-day/#

If you really want to be healthy, adopt a vegetarian menu but add fish and chicken.

Remember: if it taste good spit it out! loll

Free yourself of the notion that meals are a social event and a source of pleasure. They are not, they are a bodily function.
Fuel for your BBC. Too much fuel, it will bog down.

And dessert should be an occasional treat like once a week. Not part of every supper!

Discipline and perseverance are key. Once you reach your goal you can ease up but keep up the healthy life style.

Read this carefully:

The Fat Trap

Good luck.

saturnstyl

Post by saturnstyl »

Stay above ground another 365.